Being an egg donor helps a wide range of women who suffer from infertility.
On this page, you can learn about the reasons to become an egg donor and to be able to help many people.
At IVI, we have spent over 25 years offering the best assisted reproduction techniques available and, thanks to them, over 110.000 babies have been born.
- Their ovaries do not work properly because age or some illness has affected them.
- Have genetic illnesses that can be transmitted to their offspring.
- Do not respond to stimulating medication or, if there is a response, their eggs do not have the necessary quality to be able to become pregnant.
You are in good handsAt IVI, we have dedicated over 25 years to offer the best Assisted Reproduction techniques worldwide. We are experts in the field and European leaders. We have helped thousands of women to achieve their dream and all thanks to women like you.As donor, you will receive a free gynaecological examination, free blood tests, a karyotype test and a genetic test. The information obtained may help you in the future, if you decide to have children.Between the test that we will perform are:
- Genetic Analysis: with a blood sample, we will analyse over 600 genetic illnesses. It is the most advanced genetic test in the field and it will be very useful once you decide to become a mother. A geneticist will explain the results to you.
- Karyotype: A test that will let us know the state of your chromosomes.
- Serology: A viral screening blood test to rule out infections.
- Personal interview: We will ask you questions regarding your family background.
- Gynaecological examination: We will perform a gynaecological examination with an ultrasound scan to evaluate your ovarian reserve.
- Psychological evaluation: every donor will be interviewed by a psychologist so that we make sure donating is the best course of action for you.